Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ordinary Days....

Wow. I'm actually writing alot lately. Today I just want the world to know that I am greatful for ordinary days, because it can change all too quickly. A friend of mine found out that her 2 1/2 year old neice was diagnosed with cancer, her poor family just thought that she had a stomach bug of sorts.... its stage 4 and all through her. So sad. Ty is just 6months older than her. At what point is it that you look at your children & say ahh.... it okay, your a healthy happy child & you will grow up to be a happy healthy adult, then suddenly as you can snap your fingers it changes.

Then today I get the news that a co-worker of mine from Dr. Poulin's passed away. He was in his early 50's & had a heart attack on his way in to work. He was such a super person... really nice, fun, always smiling.
I can't imagine, starting out my day... getting ready for work... rushing out the door & dying alone on the way. Its tragic, but we all do it. We rush here, rush there, are sure that we'll return to the same monotonous day later & take it all for granted. Its like some sort of false sence of security that we all fake. We hurry out, becuase something else takes precedence, which is fine... that's part of life, but really, I think we all take for granted that things will be the same when we get back. I'm greatful for my family, for the fact that in my head I've decided that I will not die alone in my car, on my way to work. I am greatful that I have ordinary days, where life isn't constantly crazy, that it is in a sense Ground hogs day... & we repeat the same old same old... because someday, whether we choose to believe it or not, it won't be. I am the first to admit that I hate change, though lately its dawning on me that I have to get used to it. Change is inevitable, whether I like it or not. So I might as well, not take this life I have for granted.

No comments: