Monday, June 8, 2009

I've noticed several of my other friends have such nice blogs. I need to figure this whole thing out a little better. Not that I really believe too many people are reading it & are disappointed in my layout. :o) Maybe someday I can figure out how to print it into some sort of book & then have it as my journal, since I'm not so good at keeping one of those.

Well, life for us lately is pretty routine. We've planted our garden (the first one since we've lived here) & have been enjoying the nicer weather. Ty's loving the fact that he can pee outside. He's truly a country boy. The other day Scott was doing yard work, Ty was out with him (of course) & some people were driving by waving & smiling. Scott turned around to find Ty with his pants down to his ankles peeing & waving proudly to the people. He cracks us up. He waves to everyone & loves when they wave back. or when the occassional semi will toot their horns. :o)

Ty's is growing so quick & has such a sweet personality. On days when I don't have to work he'll usually hollar out to me & say " mommy... come wake me up" he loves when I run in & kiss him all over. I may have already written this but I just love it. So I apologize if that's the case. :o)


The other neat thing is that he really is paying attention to things lately... both the good and the bad. While we were making cookies the other day he says..."Mommy, Heavenly Father & Jesus love me." I said glowingly "Yes, Ty your right... who else loves you?" he replied "Daddy & Sister Garry" . Sister Garry is our ward Primary President, & I believe Ty's new crush. She has 3 young children & they all love coming to our house & playing in the pond, but I have a feeling that Ty enjoys it more. A few weeks ago we had a similar converstation. We were riding in Scott's truck so we were all in the front & Ty was holding my hand, I told him that I loved him, & he said . "I love you too mommy" I said... who else do you love, I assumed he might say Daddy, or grandma you know the usual... instead he says "Sister Garry" I had quite a chuckle.

On another note, Ty goes to my Great Aunt & Uncles house 1-2 per week. Poppy as we call him has all kind of "great" things to teach Ty. For instance, when Ty began going there if he did anything inappropriate, he'd say "Excuse me" now Poppy has taught him to say "That's a good one" while holding up his thumbs. Nice huh? And that's not all. Ty spent the evening with Grandma & Grandpa the otehr night. When he asked Grandma Sue what happend to her screen she explained that the neighbors cat had climbed up to it & put several small holes in it. His reply "Damn Cat" That's right... our dear Poppy has taught Ty to say just about anything in that context... "Damn________fill in the blank (cat, dog, people if their riding in the car etc.) The worst part is that he does it so inoccnetly. I its pretty hard to repremand him when all you want to do is laugh. What's a mother to do? :o)

Scott & I have been doing well too. He hasn't heard anything about the Sherriff's Dept yet, but we know that if its meant to be it will. He's back working at the Lumber mill. He was off for a few weeks & enjoyed some needed vacation. We went camping with our friends for Memorial day & If I were a much better mom I would have remembered the camera.
I've been trying something new too. Grinding wheat. For alot of people this is probably nothing new, but I like it. I've been making all of our bread & even made whole wheat half moons & took them into work. They loved them.

2 comments:

Tyson and Capri said...

Adja i am so glad you found me:) YOur little ty is getting so big and so dang cute..Keep in touch!!

Scott and Amy said...

Adja I'm glad you found me!!! your looking so good!! I can't believe how big tye is getting. wow isn't it crazy how fast your kids grow up!! i can't believe i'm about to have another baby crazy!!! keep in touch and i'll be checking your blog often!!