Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

So, Father's Day.... it was interesting. Ty woke up early all on his own, which was miraculous since we'd been out WAY to late the night before. He was so sweet.... he went into our bedrooms with his cards in hand & woke up his Daddy. Here's the funny part, he climbed up on our bed & said "Happy Mother's Day Daddy" of course, I got quite a kick out of it. Scott said what did you say? Again Ty proclaims "Happy Mother's Day Daddy!" I proceeded to laugh even harder. Once again Scott says's do you want to give it one more try? Again Ty says's "Happy Mother's Day!!!" I was laughing hysterically by this point. Perhaps no one out there besides me thinks that this is comical, but he was so sweet & sincere wishing his dear 'ol dad a happy day. I took him into the store to get Father's Day cards & it really made me notice just how big he's getting... he picked out the card all by himself. The two of us looked so funny there in the card isle, laughing at the cards & each other. It would have made a great commercial for hallmark.

On another note, a sadder one, this Father's day was difficult for me at church. One of the speakers spoke about her father who had passed on, while she was young. This really tucked at my heart. My Dad is still alive, but My step-dad, the man who was so active in my life & does all things that dad's do isn't, unfortunately it was by his own choice. I was 7months preg. when I got "the" phone call as to what had happened. Most days are good, & I don't get chocked up like I used to, but listening to that talk really got me. Scott was sweet & drove me by our old house on our way home from church. My sister's and I will usually put flowers there. The odd thing is that when we drove by Ty said... "That house is bad" Its almost like he sensed it all. At times I fell like I'm drawn too all that though, and all of the sad memories. Like I'm going to somehow discover all of the answers I want. Though the fact of the matter is, its not going to happen. I suppose the time has come to put all of that in the past. Its sounds so much easier that it actually is. I try so hard to understand... but I'm not sure that I ever will. SO I focus on Scott & Ty and try to appreciate them being in my lives. I am so grateful for them, they bring so much happiness to me & cloud so much sadness.
I know the Lord put them in my life to help me through such difficult times, & for that I am truly grateful.

No comments: