Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ty's new look....



Ty's has glasses. This was quite an adventure!(I imagine it will continue to be) Since I work for Dr. Poulin I knew that Ty needed to be seen for his eye exam at age 1, 3 & 5. Well, I needed to have mine done as well so off we went. Much to our surprise Ty's initial exam came back showing that he would wind up needing glasses. His prescription is quite high, when we got into the exam room Ty decided that he didn't need Dr. Poulin to examine his eyes so, Scott took him in two days later for a follow up. Much to my chagrin Ty sat like an angel with his Daddy & let the doctor do everything needed to confirm that he did in fact have a pretty high prescription that needed attention. My heart felt so sad that my little guy who seemed to have perfect vision needed them. I almost felt like I was neglectful for not noticing something sooner. On the bright side, we caught the problem early enough, which was great because usually by his age his eye would have begun to cross & gone lazy. I feel like we really are blessed to have caught it soon enough that that isn't a concern. Dr. Poulin also said that it was good that we caught it before Ty started school, since the condition he hasn't wouldn't have been detected by a school nurse & would have manifested itself by Ty being a poor reader. So.... here is his new look... still cute as can be. Don't let the smile fool you, he'd had them for about 10 mins. when this photo was taken. He's now realized that he doesn't love wearing them, but he'll get there. :o)
This is a picture of Sabrina & Scott's sister Jodi at a family BBQ....
Aren't the beautiful? :o)



I love this picture... it looks so fun. Just one of those real candid moments where
all seems right in the world.



Ty & his Breena taking a spin!

1 comment:

Tyson and Capri said...

So cute..I think little kids look adorable in glasses:)