Wednesday, June 24, 2009

To work or not to work.... that is the question

So, ordinarily I don't post this much, but since Ty is napping (I hope) & I had something on my mind, I thought I would... besides this is my "journal" right?


Anyhow... I got called into the office yesterday, my boss has pretty much stated that she wants me to go full time. She's pleased with my work, and could really used my help etc..... For most people this probably would be a great thing, especially since work is so hard to come by for so many people. But... for me its a bit harder than that. I'm not so sure that I could handle it. I sound like a bit of a baby, but I haven't worked full time since Scott & I were married nearly 7 years ago. On top of that, with all that I went through to have Ty I know that I need to treasure the time that I have to spend time with him. There are perks to going a full 40 hours though, Great insurance, better retirement, more money coming into the house which will help us immensely. I just am worried about the toll it will take on my family. I'm not so sure how Ty would handle being with a sitter that often. I feel like until Scott's job situation stabilizes that this might be the blessing we've been waiting for, though I'm concerned that it could also be a test to see which I'll choose, work or family. Until now, I've felt that working part time was really the best of both worlds. I deal horribly with change, but am afraid that its an opportunity that i can't afford to pass up right now. The good thing is, it wouldn't begin until August, so that will leave me most of the summer (a month and a half) to spend with Ty.

I really feel as though I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. It would be great if this change were to happen next year, when Ty would begin Pre-K for half of the day, but that's not the case.

I suppose I have a hard decision to make.... I just hope its the right one. Wish me luck~


Oh, here's a more recent picture of him too... he's not paying any attention, my sister in law took it at a family BBQ.

1 comment:

patty said...

TAKE THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just my opinion of course!)ps