Saturday, January 9, 2010

An Update

Well, it seems like forever since I've posted anything. So, where to start. We had nice holiday; we actually all had colds in different stages so we didn't wind up attending all the family obligations. It was disappointing not to see everyone, but we're hoping to catch up after all the hussle & bussle of the holidays quiets down and we are all better.

For those of you who have been wondering about Scott getting the Sheriff's position, we ended up getting the answer Christmas eve. We arrived home about 10:30 at night only to check our mail and discover that Scott had a "no" letter waiting for him. We were stunned since it seemed all along that he was being encouraged along the way & that he had been the investigators first choice- he then submitted all of his names to his superior and something just wasn't meant to be. Like I said we were disappointed, but are trying to keep the mindset that everything happens for a reason, and perhaps we are being spared from something awful. You just never know about unanswered prayers. It seems like work is picking up for him at the Sawmill, which is wonderful, and although his employers was sad for him- they were so happy not to lose him there.
Ty is doing well. He's getting so big. He's been cracking me up with some of the things he's said lately.
We gave him gum to chew on the way to church, and he said...

Ty- I swallowed my gum
Us- Why- you shouldn't do that
Ty- Well, I kept chewing and chewing and it wouldn't go away, so I just swallowed it.

We laughed... Thinking about it, no one ever explained to him that gum is just for chewing and won't go away. I suppose he thought it was like any other food.

Here's a couple more.
Me- Ty I love you all the way to the moon and back
Ty- I love you all the way to the mountains.
(That just melted my heart. )

Every Sunday our Bishop at church passes our Tootsie Pops to the kids, Ty went to get one last week - Which we call Fast Sunday- for those of you who don't know; its where we skip 2 meals and contribute the price of those meals to the needy- Well, the kids don't really do that, but they go with out the extras... like tootie pops that week. So, when Ty returned to me after not getting his tootsie pop he said, "I can't have one, its quarter to Sunday". I suppose he doesn't understand the difference between Fast Sunday & time :O)

He also has grown right up and has started Primary at church. He's been in the Nursery... its for children 18 mo to 3 and since he's almost 4 holy cow!!! He gets to move up into Primary and be in my Sunbeam class. He was super excited and for Christmas we even bought him new shirts and a couple ties so he can be "like daddy" here is a picture... I just love it.

1 comment: