Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pre Op

A big dose of reality hit yesterday, you'd think that it would have come along time before this but apparently that isn't the way that my brain works. Scott & Ty went along and waited most ot the day. I had to go to an appointment at the doctors office then head over to the hospital for pre-admissions testing. The nurse was so kind. She walked me through what to expect & that's were I got a bit chocked up (of course) I've had months & even years to get a grip & yet I deny reality until that that moment. She said how they would do a few things then get me on the stretcher, cover my hair with the cap & they'd give me a chance to say goodbye to Scott, that's when I lost it. I'm such a visual person, so I instantly pictured it all & it was like watching a Lifetime movie :o)
The day will start super early. We have to be at the hospital at 5:45 that morning (we'll have to leave our house about 5:00 to be there on time), then they'll send me up to my room & begin my IV/ antibiotics etc. The surgery will start about 7:45 & take about 2 hours, then I'll be in the recovery room for a while, & then I'll be back in my room. They said that I'll have to spend the night & start eating the next morning, I have to keep something down & be able to manage my pain before they'll send me home.

Anyhow, I have tons of things to do before Thursday, so I better get at it.

2 comments:

D and C said...

I am so sorry! You KNOW I know what you are going through, and just know my thoughts and prayers are with you. Seriously, if you need to chat, call me ok. 928-639-6401. I am thinking of you. Enjoy the pain meds. That's the best part! LOL!!!
Love ya,
D

Adja said...

Thanks so much.... its certainly bitter sweet. It will be nice not be in so much pain all the time, its so frequetnt that I don't even realize it anymore. Dosesn't that sound insane! :o)
How are you coming along?