Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Its been awhile

Well, I spoke to my mom today and she mentioned that she'd checked my Blog & that I hadn't written lately. I forget that this isn't just my personal journal & that there actually is someone out there reading this occassionally. So, the holiday's were great. We had a great time with Ty & spending time with all of our family. We certainly do have alot of family, & I only wish that we could see them all much more often. Scott mentioned that this was our best Christmas that we've had together. I think part of it was that we're trying to get back to the basics & that Ty is so much fun. He really enjoyed opening up all of his gifts. Something else that was totally to cute for me was explaining to Ty the true meaning of Christmas. I had said that Christmas was when we celebrate Jesus's birthday. Let just say that Ty is very literal & doesn't forget anything. He thought that we should have cake & the whole nine yards. =o) I think that maybe next year we will make a birthday cake. The super cute part is that when we were getting ready to go to church Ty told me that Jesus would be there for his birthday party. I tried to explain it all but it's pretty much impossible to reason with a nearly 3 year old.



It was also nice to see so much of Scott during the holiday's it may sound crazy but he works so much that we don't get to spend as much time with him as we'd like. This year Scott was off between Christmas eve & New Years. Needless to say he was stir crazy. I had to work several of the days, so that left he & Ty to spend the day's together. I came home one afternoon to find my house spotless, vacumed, dinner started, he was doing dishes & (yes there is more) he had finished putting the second coat of paint on our living room wall & put everything back in its place. I was astruck. I could certainly get used to that.... who couldn't. =o)


On another note I've finally signed up for my classes at my new college. I went to orientation but felt completely out of place. There was a gentleman who was 65 entering the same education program as I was, so that made me feel like maybe I wasn't too old & too busy to be making changes.



No comments: