Friday, December 5, 2008

An interesting start to my day

Today started out pretty interesting. I woke up dreaming about Igneous rocks... pretty interesting stuff huh? Let me explain; I'm currently enrolled in a Geology class and I had an enormous test yesterday; apparently it was still on my mind. =o)

Then, as I was coming out of my groggy stupor, I realize that my darling son is standing over me telling me that I need to wake up and make "me and daddy eggs peeez mommy" "wake up mommy... go cook". I roll over to discover that its only 4 am! I've come to realize that we all have roles in our family and apparently mine is to make breakfast in the wee hours of the morning. Needless to say, I didn't give in to his request. Scott came in about 5 when he was leaving for work and informed me that I still had a very wide awake son, and that I should probably get out of bed. Ty is definitely a morning person like his daddy. I thought I was a morning person as well, though I'm more 7am than 4am morning person.

Along with waking up to my bright-eyed- & bushy-tailed son, I woke up to 2 feet of snow and counting, it seems odd to have so much snow this early in the year, though it really does look pretty (as long as I don't have to drive in it). The School District decided to have a snow day so Ty was able to play outside with his cousins Mitchell & Mark, they are in 4th & 6th grade, but are so sweet with Ty.

We also decided that we would make some sugar cookies, since we were kindof getting in the holiday mood. Luckily for me; the dough needs to chill for at least an hour, which is the perfect amount of Ty to take a nap.

Well, I suppose that I should take full advantage of him "resting" as we like to call it.

Perhaps I'll even walk out to the edge of the driveway and take a few photos of our Winter wonderland to post.
=o)

No comments: